West Michigan Hosts a Myriad of Easter Fun Each Spring
Springtime means Easter, and there are lots of Easter events in Ludington, Scottville, Manistee, Pentwater, and the surrounding areas that give kids a chance to celebrate!
Non-profit organizations and businesses provide children with fun, wholesome, indoor and outdoor Easter activities to help beat the blahs of the winter to spring transition. From visits with the Easter bunny to an egg scramble on roller skates, there's lots of fun activities for kids of all ages!
Easter Events that Typically Take Place
Ludington & Scottville
- Easter for Kids at Redeemer Lutheran Church- 509 N. Main St. in Scottville. All children are welcome and the event includes an Easter devotion, egg-coloring, craft, cookie decorating, and egg hunt.
- Easter Eggstravaganza at St. John's Lutheran Church- 209 N. Rowe in Ludington. The event includes a FREE Egg hunt, candy, snacks, bubble pool, and music.
- Selfies with Hopkins the Easter Bunny at Walmart- 4854 W. US 10 in Ludington.
- Pictures with the Easter Bunny at Krave- 103 E. Ludington Ave. in Ludington.
- Ludington Area Jaycees Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Peter Copeyon Park on South Washington Avenue in Ludington. Approximately 6,000 total eggs stuffed with candy, toys, etc. are out in a simultaneous hunt between these age groups: 4 and Under, 5-8, and 9-13. Two lucky kids in each age group will find a "golden ticket" which they'll turn in for a special prize! Please bring bags and plan to return emptied eggs to the Jaycees after the hunt.
- Easter breakfast served by the youth group at Our Savior Lutheran Church- 765 US 10 in Scottville.
Fountain & Free Soil
- Special Needs Easter Egg Hunt & Bonnet Contest at Circle Rocking S Children's Farm. The event is free to people of all ages with special needs. Participants should bring their own Easter bonnets and baskets. Reservations required.
- Sunday, March 29th, 11am-12:30pm - Easter Egg Scramble at Johnny's Skate Center, 2276 US 10 in Custer. Free admission. For kids age 10 and younger. Thousands of eggs filled with prizes.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Custer VFW Gold Bar Post #5096- 2022 State St. in Custer. Free and open to children age 1-12. Crafts, prizes, and pictures with the Easter Bunny!
Stay tuned for information on Easter events coming in 2021!
Want to learn more about all things family in West Michigan? Visit Lakeshore Family Guide and "Like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LakeshoreFamilyGuide
More Springtime to Enjoy...
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Ludington Activities & Things to Do -- Play on a beautiful beach, take a tour at Historic White Pine Village, or explore the barn quilt trail, murals or sculptures in the county--Ludington offers many fun things to do for the entire family!
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced WestMichigan.MichBiz.com directory for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.